This post is going to be interesting to you, especially if you are in Bangalore. Curious?
Electronic Kiosk= a computer terminal which employs a custom software and allows users to access system functions. .
In Bangalore people have a facility to pay their monthly electricity bill at a Kiosk. The machine scans your bar- coded bill and displays the amount to be paid on a screen. Then you will have to feed the currency notes through a scanner which scans the currency for its denomination and accepts it. After the completion of the transaction, a receipt pops out with a message "Transaction complete" on the display. This is how a Kiosk normally works.
Yesterday, it so happened that I went to the Kiosk to pay my monthly electricity bill. It was my first visit to the place and while waiting for my turn in the queue I was observing the machine work(exploring). My turn came and I followed the procedures:-
- I showed the bill under the scanner and the amount (Rs.1500)to be paid got displayed on the screen.
- I started to feed the machine with the currency notes one by one(1*1000+1*500=1500) it displayed the denominations and accepted the currency notes after scanning them.
- It prompted a message"Transaction complete" and the receipt popped out.
Ah! success, the plain piece of paper got scanned and was accepted by the machine. The moment the paper piece went in, the machine freezed and it did not respond to any further commands.
Then, I :-
- tried scanning the bill again.
- tried scanning other's bill.
- tried feeding currency notes of various denominations.
____________End Of Chaos At Kiosk_______________